Monday, March 29, 2010

Aesop-from those who get it right!


So as I mentioned before I thought it might be a good idea to showcase some companies who really get it right when it comes to overall brand experience. I've been wanting to do this for sometime and Starbucks just gave me an extra push to do so.


So why do they get it right? What do they do that others don't? Or perhaps more importantly why don't others think that the whole overall experience is as important as just one part of it? It's not enough to just have a good product. Clients today are far to saavy. There are so many qualifiers that must be fulfilled before they even begin to open their wallets. 


Aesop not only has a smart and sustainable ethos, which is always a good place to start, but they carry that through not just the product itself but the packaging, shipping, graphics, and the shops themselves.



Each shop is designed to reflect its location while simultaneously giving a nod to the product in some witty and thoughtful way. From the amber bottle ceiling in Adelaide to the recycled cardboard box construction in Melbourne. The materials are as much a clue to the companies values as the product they offer. 


Credits Above
1. London shop by Studio Ilse
2. Flinders lane, Melbourne by March Studio
3. Strand Arcade, Sydney by March Studio
4. Adelaide by March Studio
5. Armadale by Ryan Russell



2 comments:

vic said...

I completely agree with you on this one. They are my skincare company of choice purely because everything smells divine, feels incredible and leaves your skin glowing. It doesn't hurt that their stores are amazing, their packaging is great and their staff are gorgeous (and lovely!).

I love that they always give me handfuls and handfuls of product samples whenever I buy, too.

Shine Little Light* said...

I walked past the Sydney one the other day and me and husband both stopped dead in our tracks to stare. SO stunning. *s*

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.