Friday, January 22, 2010

On the hunt








I've been wanting to design my own table for some time but I have yet to come across the found/reclaimed piece that inspires me to transform it. Perhaps this is not a very good excuse but it sure would be nice to be able to fit more than me and the mister at the table. So this is the beginnings of the hunt... Tables are top to bottom left to right.

1. unknown (if you know please let me know)
2. unknown

3. henrybuilt
4. CB2
5. unknown
6. Ohio design
7. unknown
8. flat project
9. The Brick House

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that #8 may be artist/sculptor alma allen -see http://www.allenpearce.com/

K said...

Thanks Anon... I'll investigate.

maura kelly doyle said...

#8 is part of the 'flat project' by Jo Nagasaka and Shuhei Nakamura. you can read a little bit about it here... :)

http://www.todayandtomorrow.net/2009/11/26/flat-project/

K said...

Thanks Maura! Perhaps I will find a way of just designing my own.

davidleepierce said...

Hello K. With the OHIO table (walnut with white shown) You CAN design your own. We will make it any size and any color base and top for you. You can have the print furniture option as well for the surface if you like. The sky is the limit....or maybe it can be the design.

K said...

Oh thanks David...
I do know as I stopped in a few weeks ago to inquire...but I think you have struck something with the print furniture option. I definitely want to know more about this...I have visions of this amazing cabinet by Ceccotti

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.