Thursday, December 17, 2009

Discoveries



I came across a discovery while browsing South Willard. The photos above are from Sam Maloof's home. I've always wanted to go but somehow never made it there. I think the next Los Angeles visit it will be a must see. Since those lovely outdoor stools look oh so familiar... um there's one in my living room! See (awful...sorry) photos below. They are by none other than the talented Stan Bitters. Who is really more known for his installation pieces which are much larger and intense then our sweet little stool.

A gift from the Mister's Mom since he loved it so much as a kid. According to her she just bought it at a yard sale from a preschool in Pasadena because she loved it so... that's it no other story. I told her the other night what I discovered and she was floored.





south willard via research arm

photos Kelly Breslin

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.