Saturday, November 7, 2009

Remember this...



As I happened upon Kuntzel+Deygas I was reminded that they had done the opening sequence of "Catch me if you Can". It was quite probably one of my favorite parts of the film and lives on in the recesses of my mind.

And as the season finale of Mad Men is happening tomorrow it made me think how much I dislike the opening sequence. The illustration to me looks like you gave it to a first year architecture student. I've thought this from the first time I watched it. I know its getting lots of love in all the publications but... Really? It looks like a cheap knock off version of Kuntzel+Deygas' sequence above. Does anyone feel the same? I don't normally like to be negative in this space but it irks me that a show I love so much, that gets everything right,has one blaring error and I have to see it over and over. Is everyone just drinking the punch? Should I just pony up to the punch bowl too?

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Don't drink the punch! I'd never disliked the Mad Men credits, but when you put them next to the sequence from "Catch me if you can"...wow. They're on completely different levels. I mean, when the Simpsons parody (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcmM7Jh2Y3k&NR=1) looks just about as good...

And don't worry about being negative--personally I find it kind of refreshing to see some critical thinking.

IVAN TERESTCHENKO said...

I couldn't agree more with you. Let's drink punch together and ...salute !

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.