Monday, November 23, 2009

Girl Scouts




























Speaking of the Girl Scouts... Wow! I've seen the logo a million times but never realized how great it was. Or perhaps I just never looked at it as an adult. So I went on a search to find out who created it and it was none other than Saul Bass. How genius. I would love to know who hired him or how he came to design it. Anyone know?

And Surely Saul Bass was the inspiration behind Kunztel+Deygas' opening sequence. Not to mention that it also kicks the shit out of the Boy Scouts logo. Yuck what is that Cresty thing.

2 comments:

OV said...

It's been updated.
"Saul Bass' Iconic Girl Scouts Logo Gets Bangs, Nose Job"
http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/branding_identity/saul_bass_iconic_girl_scouts_logo_gets_bangs_nose_job_167210.asp

K said...

Thanks OV,

oh dear?! Somethings I fear should not be messed with.

Why oh why did they do this? Sigh.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.