Monday, November 2, 2009

Dark Nights



A project I'm working on reminded me of Heather Benning's dollhouse. Something to do with the days turning to night earlier and earlier and being able to peer into peoples homes on your ride home from work. I never like the days getting shorter but there is something very warm and delightful to seeing this sliver of others lives. This in turn made me think of advent calenders and how much I loved them growing up. The anticipation of opening the next door or window to find a new scene or chocolate.

On another note, some lovely words about los angeles over here. I couldn't have said it better... but perhaps I should add some los angeles posts from time to time.


2 comments:

Michelle said...

How amazing would it have been to see this in person? I love seeing incredible new work by Canadian artists.

K said...

Oh yes I agree... if it were anywhere near me I'd surely make it a road trip.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.