Thursday, October 1, 2009

ArtPrize




I was listening to my stock of podcasts, this time it was Studio 360. The ArtPrize was the subject of discussion. Its a massive art event open to anyone and everyone. Sounds good so far, but in order to win you just have to receive the most votes. Really!?!! Votes? I think we need to kill this reality tv public voting process. Its really inane. Thats a test in marketing not artistic language and skill. I'm not saying you don't need both but really!?!

Anyways one of the artists peaked my interest. Tanya Aguiniga,who was felting modern chairs for her submission at the event. Oooh, I just had to take a peek. Especially after collaborating with Ashley on my chairs and then hearing she's also felting some Eames Lounge chairs for Lela Rose.
Look how lovely they turned out. It seems everyone is intrigued with felt.

2 comments:

ashley said...

AHHH! Oh my goodness Kelly! How crazy! I just posted mine up and then came to your blog to tell you and found this post! Whoa!

K said...

I know isn't crazy!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.