Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Barkley Hendricks: Birth of Cool





I cannot wait to see this show! There is an excitement that comes when discovering an artist of this caliber. And then there is this interior insistence a little voice that keeps speaking up and saying why haven't I heard of him or seen his work before. These portraits are perhaps the best I've ever seen and so far I've only seen them digitally or reproduced.

Update: In person they are stellar! A must see!

Thanks to the Nasher Museum of Art and
the Santa Monica Museum of Art
for bringing him to my attention, and for bringing his work close enough so that I might view it in person.


No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.