Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Zumthor






When I heard that Peter Zumthor won the Pritzker this year I went scrambling to find my school sketchbooks so I could relive my travels.

I had an amazing opportunity to see quite a few of his works, all were awe inspiring and quite frankly in todays world where we race to find the youngest freshest talent with all the 'unbuilt' conceptual work, (I'm growing a bit tired of students coming right out of school proclaiming their greatness, whatever happened to life experience?) I find Zumthors hand to be a calm and humane touch to the structures we inhabit. If nothing else they have a strong experiential quality that awakens your senses as you move sequentially through them. What more could one ask for?

Perhaps my head is in the clouds, but well thats where I like it.
(p.s. my details are far more readable now.)

photos from various sources, dezeen, a postcard, flickr

sketches by yours truly... a long time ago,

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.