Tuesday, April 28, 2009

CPH metro







So glad we voted this past fall for the high speed train along the California Coast... (So is Obama, yea us!) I can't wait to be able to jump on a train to Los Angeles. Flying has become such a pain in the ass I'd rather drive that hideously long drive but not if there were a train option. Is it too much to ask that the stations are all as beautiful as the metro stations in Copenhagen? Who is being asked to design them? Will there be a competition? Will everyone be invited or just select few well known firms? What auxiliary buildings are being planned?

And are there plans yet as to who is designing the train itself?
He he... this is actually where Copenhagen didn't measure up in the design department the trains were designed by Italians (not so tall people) for the Danes (very tall people) so when you ride the train you see all these lanky people with their knees up to their noses. Just a little undersight. oops! But the trains themselves are quite good looking and fun with a large window in front where all the kids gather to watch you go through the tube.
The station was designed by KHRAS Architects
The train was designed by Giugiaro Design

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.