Monday, February 16, 2009

Jarmusch




























Hello Hello...... well I just HAD to take a hiatus. I had so much to do so I thought... lets cut some things out for awhile and make things simple. I'm halfway there. Where is there? Well I'm working on a website and studying for the dreaded LEED exam. Yuck!

I came across this quote on Swiss Miss the other day and it really resonated with me. It couldn't be more true. Originality IS nonexistent. As a designer this sure is a relief to hear, you know its true but its good to hear someone else say it.

I also love it because it brought back a memory of a night in Basel Switzerland. That night I saw my first Jarmusch film (Down by Law) introduced to me by a talented Swiss illustrator Benedikt F├╝rst in a theater I never would have found on my own. The film was on actual real film and the reel had to be changed thus a real reason for a mid-show beer. Shouldn't all films have a recess for a leisurely beer?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back

K said...

Thanks mr. or ms. mysterious

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.