Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Brouillette

















































Another neighborhood boon is a sweet petite little shop. A shop I surely would have considered for wedding day frocks if they had been around when I was making such decisions.

I often feel a bit disconnected from the city up here on the hill (Potrero) so a little in the know glamour goes a long way. Robin Brouillette's shop is filled with silken and beaded numbers fit for wallflowers and party girls alike. In fact if your haven't found that Christmas number that will invoke Julie Newmar or any of the Ziegfield's babes I'd head on over. (i.e. 20's and 30's darlings who married rich and died young)

Robin's talent doesn't end with a needle and thread the space is just lovely with black lacquered floors and alcoves filled with jems and jewels, and to top it all off Robin herself could not be more of a doll, who by the way never seems to take a bad picture, see the evidence for yourself... here and here. Damn!

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.