Sunday, November 23, 2008

Hooray for Herrero










































I've been meaning to go by and photograph this new Neighborhood treasure for awhile now... but time continually slips away... forgive me won't you?

Jens Hoffman, curator, had many up and coming international artists involved in a show, Passengers. Federico Herrero was chosen as one of the artists hailing from Central America, Costa Rica to be exact.

As part of an exhibit for the Wattis Center at CCA, they decided his work was best suited for an outdoor location and knocked on the door of a Potrero Hill resident. It apparently was to be up only until the end of August but I hope the owner chooses to leave it up for all of us up on the hill, we need more example of murals like Federico's that delight the eye.

1 comment:

Marie-Eve said...

It is a great idea to dress long city wall like this one. It put a smile on the face during the walk, isn't it?

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.