Saturday, September 27, 2008

Modiste


































I've been a bit mad as of late having really no time to myself let alone time to post here. It feels good I tell ya to have this Saturday afternoon to myself.
So what have I been doing.... well having a dress made for one. It has been oh so delightful. I think this is something everyone must do at least once in their lives. I'm having the dress made over at Al's attire in North Beach.

Here are a few sneak peaks in to the process.


- I've brought in my ideas, images, existing dress, thoughts, etc.
- Pricilla and AL put out books for me to peruse (Vionnet, Biba, and Ossie Clark) to help me with the vocabulary of the dress
- Al took all my measurements and took photos of my front, profile, and back
- I've gone through the fabric books and have chosen the fabric.
- And now have been to two muslin fittings.
- The next step is the fitting in the actual fabric. whoo who!


No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.