Sunday, June 8, 2008

ICFF: Blob Wall




















































































Greg Lynns' blob wall. While I love the story of how it came about ( He was inspired by all the toys that were left around the place by his little one and just the shear number of toys you go through with kids in the house) I'm not so sure about the name, 'blob wall' is not selling it to me. (Toys ended up not being the bricks for their incredible mark-up made them not viable but their material of choice polymers are what were used)
Each brick is cut with high precision automotive robots which are fairly inexpensive considering the recent hit the automotive industry has taken.
What I do love abut this piece is that its not a one off like a lot of his work. This one actually has to be reproduced in a fair amount of numbers and configurations.

No comments:

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.