Monday, February 25, 2008

Tipografia Ceramica


























































While in Rio my good friend Jorge took us to many many exhibits (such a good good friend he is!) but one that stood out from the rest was Tipografia Ceramica. Now we weren't allowed to take any photos and I desperately wanted to but I found these photos via Vicki from the exhibit they had in Sao Paulo. The combination of materials of the ceramics and the impression making tools normally used for type truly moved me. All the underlying fields of color from materials of the earth grouped in such a way was simply stunning. I wish I could tell you more but my Portuguese is well nil... so check them out here. And if anyone knows any further information please contact me.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ah, that wall of cups is so cool, I want them all, how cool would that be.

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.