Thursday, January 3, 2008

Fujimori / Kelly Lynn Jones





















































































































I'm thinking these two must have similar souls. Fujimori a not so well known architect (outside of Japan) whose work plays to that side of me that is captivated by secret hiding places and self-made forts only accessible by password. His work is refreshing and comforting in the same breath.
And Kelly Lynn Jones' work with its color palette and circus-like
engineering of seemingly vernacular architecture inspires.
Sometimes the constraints in our minds are greater than the physical ones and these two help to break down those barriers in all that gray matter.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Nicely put...I do see the resemblance and love the comparsion. Kelly Lynn is so talented, I happy to see her work displayed.

http://www.theshinysquirrel.com

Tessa said...

I just love treehouses! like you blog very much too, added it to my link-list

Kelly Lynn Jones said...

thanks for posting me and showing me those great treehouses! i will have to check him out!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.