Monday, November 26, 2007

Olafur Eliasson








































































I'm finally getting this up here... its been a busy few weeks. eep!

The whole office went to see the Olafur Eliasson exhibit (Thanks Yakuh!) at the sfmoma and it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Especially since the sfmoma has not had a decent exhibit since the Matthew Barney 'Drawing Restraint'. Hello sfmoma do you hear me? 'Matisse and beyond' is not what I expect from a modern art museum at some point certain works are just not modern anymore.

Okay back to Eliasson...
I love that I can walk into this restrictive building and be transported to a completely different country, climate, perception of space. We all need a little lift out of our too often narrowly viewed environment and Olafur takes you there.

The photos above I took in the main space since of course all other photos are forbidden. If you are in San Francisco Go Go Go! Jeff Wall and Joseph Cornell are also there right now... they make an excellent trio.

2 comments:

ashley rose helvey said...

yes! hello! i love these photos you took. i also tried to snap a few, it was challenging for sure. i took my preschool class to see the exhibit and it was great to hear their observations. one kid said, "this is the best place i have been in my entire life, why hasn't anyone taken me here before?" haha

Michelle Linden said...

Thanks for sharing these photos! I've seen some in magazines, but it is always nice to see installations like these from a user's point of view!

Some other things you might want to know

Unless otherwise noted, all work © Kelly Waters.
If you re-blog my photos or work, please do link back to me.

I try my best to always link back to designers, artists, photographers, chefs, architects, funny people, Misters, supermodels, textile dj industrialists or whomever catches my eye and I end up posting about here but if for some reason you aren't happy with the recognition please say so and I will banish you, um er, remove the post immediately.